Thursday, March 22, 2012

Stairway

This project was over 19 years in waiting. 19 years ago I first went up and down what is simply called an Alternating Stairway. Other names include Ladder Stair, a Monk Staircase, a Ship Ladder, a Lapeyre Stair or more conventionally know as the Alternating-Tread Ladder Stair. Originally designed by Thomas Jefferson for I believe the Monticello House but I was never able to find a copy of his drawings. Still looking.

Today, after 10 days of waiting, I finally connected up with two neighbor guys and in less than 10 minutes our 265 pound stair was up and out of our way.

To celebrate I had two beers with dinner.

Now it's on to tiling our shower floor and installing two more earth floor sections. Not much left to do after that so it won't be long now and we can move in.




No comments:

Post a Comment